- World Health Organization (WHO). (2015). http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/177752/1/9789241509145_eng.pdf?ua=1
- World Health Organization (WHO). (2008). Safer Water, Better Health: Costs, benefits, and sustainability of interventions to protect and promote health; Updated Table 1: WSH deaths by region, 2004.
- Estimated with data from Diarhhoea: Why children are still dying and what can be done. UNICEF, WHO 2009
- World Health Organization (WHO). (2012). Global Health Observatory. Global Health Observatory Data Repository. Mortality and global health estimates: Child Mortality: Causes of Child Death: Number of Deaths by Cause: By Region: WORLD: Diarrhoeal diseases, World Health Organization (WHO).
- UN Water. (2008). Tackling a global crisis: International Year of Sanitation 2008
- Estimated with data from WHO/UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme (JMP) for Water Supply and Sanitation. (2012). Progress on Sanitation and Drinking-Water, 2012 Update.